Monday, August 8, 2011

Facebook and me

I used to love to hang out with friends. After class, or during weekends, when there was nothing interesting to do, I would roam around from one friend's room to another. It was a casual walk, usually accompanied by humming the latest movie song or some old movie tune, and dragging my chappals along as if I was sweeping the floor as I go. I would eventually end up in some room where other guys, who also had nothing interesting to do, have gathered. The discussions usually focused on planning mischief, college activities, food problems, cricket, football, movies, politics or about other interesting topics. At times the group spent time teasing some poor soul who was present among us; typically it would be the same guys who were always the target of such teasing. The discussion usually went on until it was time for food, or it was too late at night, or the poor soul who was being teased decided to leave for whatever reason.

Anyways, after graduation I have not had much chances of idle, pointless roaming, and participating in discussions about global politics, cricket or other random topics - until I joined facebook recently. No, I do not see facebook as anywhere close to the kind of experience described earlier, but i see it as a platform where one can hangout when there is nothing interesting to do, or you decide you just want to roam pointlessly.

That would probably reason why I like hanging out in facebook.


No comments:

Post a Comment